Tuesday 18 August 2015

CYBER BULLY


Cyber bullying is common these days on all popular social networks ranging from, Facebook to twitter, to Instagram,it's the use of technology in harassing an individual, cyber bullying us not limited to messages, or texts it can also be a video which a person finds offensive, cyber bullying is by far one of the worst kind of bullying ever, you don't know the person picking on you, do they can't be traced, most of the time they are anonymous. Most people don't really know the damage, cyber bullying causes to an individual, it can lead to loss in appetite, stress, sleepless night, we comes across someone being bullied online then join or laugh cause we think it's funny and entertaining forgetting the damage it does to the person been bullied, I for one haven't bullied anyone online but I do recall laughing to myself when I came across someone been bullied on facebook, I considered it to be funny, karma really does work, the next morning someone on twitter called me ugly, at first I brushed it off my mind, since I know I am not ugly, I logged off, later in the day I logged back in, I saw the attention the tweet received from other Twitter users, I was laughed at, insulted the more, I felt hurt, like maybe I was actually ugly, but then it dawned on me that this is what people who are bullied constantly on the Internet feel each day, from that day onward, when I come across someone been bullied on the net, I send them a positive message, who knows, just maybe it would be what would make their day.
Cyber bullying is not limited to kids or young adult only, older people also do it whether knowingly or unknowingly, as long as you bringing someone else down just to feel good about your self, you already a bully, if you know someone that's been bullied, get them to open up to you, encourage them and make them feel good about their selves, I have come across so many cases of suicides resulting from cyber bullying it's really heartbreaking.




No comments:

Post a Comment