Friday 21 August 2015

SHOE SHOPPING



I dreaded going shoe shopping, right from when I was a little girl. I hated walking behind my Mum going from shop to shop in the Market searching for a shoe I would love and that would fit my ever growing feet, I have always had a long feet, leaving a shop broken hearted because the shoe I loved didn't size me, oya get up let's go to the next shop my Mum would say, I would frown, grumble and still go, the whole process of the shop owner or his boys forcing my leg into a shoe that was obviously not my size, Force your leg, force am, March the shoe well, aunty na your size, E go size you, na shoe e go expand, most of the time I return home with sore feet or a shoe I hated.
Last week I went Shoe Shopping, and as always the store owners were not nice, neither were they friendly, when I got in

Store Attendant: Aunty Wetin be your size?

Me: size 42 or 43

Store Attendant : Yeayyyyyy Aunty as you fine reach, you come get big leg, na man shoe we go give you o, we no go see your size o, e no dey market o


On and on he went, I just laughed and asked him if he was the one that created me, I no be God wey dey create person na, at least I have both legs complete, and the day I see my size or the shoe I like, the prize scares even the devil, double the amount of a smaller size of the same shoe, it's really heartbreaking.
Sometimes my friends tease the living day light out of me, the first thing they do when they enter my room is to start wearing my shoes, Haba Debby, your leg big sha, as if I dont know already

Dear store attendants everywhere, please be nice to people with big feet, it's not our fault, it's just that during creation, when God was sharing feet, we collected for two.

No comments:

Post a Comment