Saturday 27 June 2015

FAKE FRIENDS




Real friends are hard to find, that will have your back, through the good times and the bad times, come sun come rain,fake friends are everywhere  they pretend they truly care about you and your problems so you can trust, but when given the opportunity, will stab you on you back without thinking twice them.

 I made a mistake of seeing a fake friend as a real one cost me my relationship. I met her when I got into the university, the very first day, I was young and naive, I had no friend, she came in a few weeks before me, so she knew most places already, she helped me through out the clearance period, since she had done her's, over time we became close, we would talk about anything and everything, I felt like I've found the sister I never had, I just started dating a guy, everything was going smoothly and fine, then we had a quarrel, I ran to her(sophie) and complained to her, she comforted me, told me what to do, the issue in my relationship was resolved.
Fast forward six months, I observed that my boyfriend who wouldn't go a day without talking to me, no longer calls or texts I complained to Sophie and she told me to ignore him and move on from the relationship, it was unlike her to tell me to give up on something that meant a lot to me, I ignored her advice and tried talking with my boyfriend to know what was wrong, finally he opened up to me that, he's been hearing so many things about me, how I didn't love him, and wasn't serious about him, and he is in love with another, I felt hurt and wanted to run to my friend Sophie, because at that moment she was the only one that could comfort me, I just had to ask him who told him all that, he told me Sophie, and that she was the best thing that has happened to him, and he was grateful to her for exposing the real person I was to him, the pain I felt from hearing she was the one who betrayed me was greater than what I was feeling initially, this was someone I considered my sister, took her home, introduced to my family, I regretted the day I met her.

2 comments: