Saturday 4 July 2015

WEB OF CONFUSION


My phone rang, no caller ID, I have this long standing rules of not picking up calls with no caller ID, but that day, I did, The sound of your HELLO!! Did magical things to me, all this while I thought I was strong enough to boldly say I am over you, been there done that or good riddance to bad rubbish, the sound of your voice made me forget the thousand promises I had made to friends, I am never going to talk to him, I will never feel anything for him, I am so over him, he doesn't move me anymore, I was scared of the effect a simple Hello did to me, letting down all my defenses I said Hello too, I know the way you sound when you are tired happy, sad, confused, crying and trying to hide it, I think love does this weird thing of making you notice tiny little things about the one you love, you sounded broken, I miss you, I regret letting you go, God is punishing me for leaving you with the kind of girl I am with now, I wanted to drag you close and comfort you, but then I remembered how I cried, begged you not to go, I wanted to start singing for joy, because KARMA was doing wonders for me, but No your unhappiness was still my unhappiness, all I could do was offer words of encouragement and relationship advise, you begged for me to come back, I am tempted to, but I wasn't  ready to share a man with anyone, I wasn't ready to be the reason someone's relationship broke up, just the same way mine did , I missed you and wanted you in my arms again but common sense stops me from been dragged into your Web of confusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment