Friday 31 July 2015

MY WORST MISTAKE PART 5

Mady was the name, everyone called my new helper and
she really was a lovely woman to behold. Her grand
beauty was very spectacular and solid. But upon all the
beauty and air she carried she still remained unmarried,
which i found very strange. I really wasn’t surprised to
see lots of young girls in her house when i moved in to
live with her, because she told me she was running a non
governmental organisation which cared for homeless
street girls, but i never imagined she could be so rich as
to own a giant two storey building, a thirty room
quarters {built like a hostel} and another small bungalow
all fenced together in one big compound. Three 504
salon cars and a mercedes 200 adorned her garage. I
couldn’t help but notice that the girls who lived under
her care all idolized her, because she was friendly to all
with her sweet mouth. “i started from the streets but now
i own all these” she said as she showed me round the
massive compound, while I smiled happily, thinking i had
finally gotten to the land flowing with milk and honey. I
was later introduced and handed over to a girl called
Ona, whose work was to help, educate and make me look
good, while Little winnie was taken away from me and
handed over to an old woman whom they called mama
nurse. “She will be better off in our nursery” the old
nurse had assured me as she carried my little girl, but I
still insisted on seeing the nursery, which after a little
hesitation, she led me to the extreme end of the main
house, through a hall-way and into a large room built
underneath. Cribs, toys, and clothes of various sizes
adorned the room making it look beautiful. “you see your
little angel will be properly cared for here, just keep
thanking Mady, she really cares for you girls” she
murmured with a smile, while i shrugged and said
nothing. The nursery truly was a paradise to behold,
compared to the store i used to live with my little girl, yet
it looked very creepy to me, making me a bit scared.
However i paid no heed to my feelings, thinking i felt
uncomfortable because it was the first time winnie was
leaving my care…. But i was very wrong.
..
Mady sent for me later in the evening, Ona led me to see
her, leading me directly to Mady’s room. A well furnished
spacious room adorned with beautiful red curtains and a goldstar colour T.v. I couldn’t help but feast my eyes on the beautiful things surrounding me. Mady was comfortably sitting on her bed when we got there, a
newspaper resting on her laps, making her look like a female military administrator. She smiled as soon as she noticed our presence and nodded to Ona. “thanks for bringing her, you can now leave us” she said calmly to
Ona, who quickly obeyed and left the room, “come sit
here my dear” she said to me, pointing to a small chair
facing her bed, I nervously obeyed without a word, “hope
you are getting acquainted with your new home?” she
asked curiously, examining me with her eyes. “oh yes,
thanks alot, you are so kind” i replied gratefully. “Ona did
a good job with your hair. I like your new look” she said
smiling, while i blushed. “anyway i invited you here for
something important. I really can’t wait till tomorrow
because you know time is money, moreover i will like
you to sleep over what i have to tell you” she said slowly,
keenly observing my reaction. I nodded calmly, my heart
beating furiously. I couldn’t imagine what could be so
serious for her to invite me by that hour. 10:30pm the
wall clock in her room displayed. “i invited you here
because of your daughter winnie. I will very much love to
adopt her. She’s very cute and i promise she will have the
best life can offer.I will give you N200,000 ”she said. A
cold shiver ran through me.That was a huge amount,i
reasoned.At least with that,i could start up something.But
i beheld my daughter’s image and shook my head. ”I cant
accept it ma,i want to be with my daughter”i replied. “Go
and think about it.and talk to me tomorrow.Rememb
er,you dont need the child now.you dont have anybody
to take care of you.you have to move on with your life as
a young girl that you are”she finally said and dismissed
me. “N200,000!?,ona exclaimed,you are lucky.the other
time,she gave blessing N100,000 to have her child” I was
suprised at what ona said and i asked”where is the baby
now?” “nobody knows”she replied. ”and where is blessing
now?”i asked “Few days from now,you will start doing
what she is doing.you have to survive.use what you have
to get what you want” Her explanation baffled me.
“prostitution?God forbid.Over my dead body.That night,i
didnt get enough sleep,i was looking at the time to know
when it will be dawn,so that i will go to mady and
demand for my daughter and leave this place.I know God
wont reject me if everybody does. But do i think i would
get back my daughter so easily?
....Watch out for part 6.

1 comment: