Saturday 25 July 2015

MY WORST MISTAKE PART 1



I woke up from sleep with a very terrible headache, while
hunger and fear occupied the rest of my body. Gabe who
was lying by my side instantly coughed, startling me. I
rubbed my eyes, got up from bed and smiled at little winnie
who was sleeping peaceful on her
cot. That fateful day was my 19th birthday, but instead of
being the happiest day of my life, it brought great
suspence, fear and sorrow with it. It was equally the last
day Gabe, my boyfriend and also little Winnie’s father
gave me to pack out from his room.
Our relationship suddenly turned sour when i got pregnant
for him. He never wanted me to keep the baby, but i refused
to terminate it leaving him with no choice than to accept
responsibility,when my parents threw me
out of their house. I was in SS3 when it happened, while he
was just a struggling brick layer and a motor mechanic
apprentice. We both were from poor backgrounds which
truly worsened everything. I was then left at his mercy, and
out of frustration he never allowed a moment to pass
without reminding me
of the hardship i was causing him and how unlucky i was.
Those were the moments i felt like killing myself. I admit i
made a terribly mistake by having unprotected sex and
getting pregnant for him, but harming my innocent baby
was what i really couldn’t do. I managed and struggled with
determination until i gave
birth to my little girl on 21st december 1988. Nnamdi on his
part grudgingly supported me by providing the little
he had which he never did without complaining, but the love
and joy my little girl brought into my life sustained
and gave me hope. As soon as little winnie was born, he
gave me six months to leave his house. At first i thought it was one of his
numerous careless comments, but as June slowly drew
near, he began singing it almost everyday in my ears.
Leaving me confused, demoralized and unhappy.
It really wasn’t as if he was spending much on us. I only
ate twice daily while little winnie survived on my breast
milk and few ‘Tins’ of baby milk concerned neighbours
especially our land-lady do give us.
The previous day {21st June}, he almost strangled me
simply because i begged him to allow us stay few more
months with him.
I had no money on me, no family to seek because to
them i was good as dead. Not even when i took little
Winnie to them months after she was born did their
mind change.
I murmured some prayers as i awaited my fate,
wondering where to go, when he eventually wakes up
and throws us out.
.
.
.
• Watch out for Part 2..
SOURCE: ANONYMOUS

3 comments:

  1. Thanks ffor any other great post. Whsre else could anyone get that kind of info in such an ideal manner oof writing?
    I've a presentation subsequent week, annd I
    am on the search for such information.

    Feel free to surf tto my website my site

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting can't wait

    ReplyDelete