Wednesday 9 September 2015

MY INABILITY TO SAVE




Overtime I've discovered that I lack the ability to save or better still let me put it this way, the temptations of the world hinders my ability to save. I have tried so many methods and various ways of saving, I remembered saving money in between books, it worked just fine for the first three days, till my classmate bought coconut candy, I asked for a little, she called me BEGGI BEGGI, I ran home took my savings and spent it all, yeah I enjoyed the coconut candy alone, after all its my money and my savings.
Since we all now know how the in between books saving my money method went, I decided to start keeping it with my friend so I won't be tempted, I gave her a stern warning that on no account should she give me the money until the end of the term, then KITO slippers was in vogue, if you did not own one you just weren't there yet, I ran straight to her house to collect my money, to make everything worse, she was wearing her KITO slippers and I wasn't, I asked her for my money she refused giving me, I begged her she still refused, I also told her lies just to get it from her she stood her ground and refused, until after threatening to report her to her parents for things she did in school, she returned my money like magic, please this can not be tagged as blackmailing it's my money na, after all I have to be among the happening girls in school.
Then came the era of saving box, I got one and started saving again, I did pretty well, although the money comprised of my money, my mum and dad's change from errands, my brothers money I took from their pocket, it's not stealing o, it's collecting my brothers money and saving it, I was walking along a street one beautiful day like that and saw this lovely matching dress and head band, Hmmmmmm I broke the safe to get the money to buy the dress.
I finally opened a bank account when I gained admission, I thought of all the money I would save, i will build a big house, Buy a car, get one for my dad, another for my mum, I might buy one for my brothers for them to share, I try na, after all its an account I can save any amount of money I can with it, first and second semester was great I saved a substantial amount of money, I was proud of my self, until the evil spirit came again, DEBBY BUY PHONE, YOU KNOW, YOU NEED A NEW PHONE, BUY PHONE DEBBIE, remember in the bible how Jesus christ rebuked the devil and over came temptation, yes I am not Jesus, am debby I got the phone, and I loved it, until the real owners (robbers) took it from me, that I was not using it well.


Have you ever tried saving and did not succeed? Or you are like me that can't resist temptation? I would love to know about your experience in the comment section

7 comments:

  1. Nice post dear #KeepItUp ... but if i drop my experience we will not leave here today....lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear, I bet it would be one that would leave us all laughing

      Delete
  2. Hahahaha Debbie Debbie lol, well way back in school too I could save kobo, was just spending spending and didn't see d need to "save" as time passed by, having kids and being a mom, I didn't yield into Dat mini devil in me Dat wld say buy buy buy, now it's all save save save.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha hahaha probably when the little ones start coming they would cast the spending anyhow spirit out of me

      Delete
  3. This is a nice read... Brought back old memories on how I help my parents and siblings keep heir money and end up using it to buy candies/goody goody.
    Saving takes a lot of self control. Well done dear

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it does take a lot of self control

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear, "Financial peace isn’t the acquisition of stuff". I also encountered such experience too but it later became my life style, in the sense that if i don't spend i don't get. and i like when i spend for things that matters.

    ReplyDelete